People call for HVAC services for a variety of reasons. There’s no one-size-fits-all solution, so it’s important to get the specifics before you start shopping for a contractor. We highlight some of the most common scenarios in this post.
When you need HVAC services, there are two main options: repair or replacement. Each option comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages, and the best choice for your home will depend on a variety of factors, including your budget, how old your current system is, and what specific issues you’re experiencing.
When You Need HVAC Repairs
You know your HVAC system is having problems when you start noticing that your home isn’t as comfortable as usual. Some of the specific issues you might experience to acquire repair services include:
- Dry air in the winter, which shows there’s something wrong with the unit’s coil
- Uneven temperatures in individual rooms that don’t correspond with vents and registers. This shows that ducts are clogged, poor insulation.
- Skyrocketing energy bills indicating that the unit is using too much power because of malfunctioning within it
- Noises from your heating or cooling system that shows something is loose or broken within
- Unusual odors coming from your vents – these odors could indicate mold problems inside the walls of your HVAC system
- You may also notice that your ducts are dirty or dusty which are a sign that you’ve not been cleaning it properly.
When Repairing Your HVAC is Not Enough
Sometimes, your HVAC may be irreparable and requires full replacement instead of repair. In these cases, it’s a good idea to choose a new system that fits your needs and budget. Some of the indicators to look out for include:
- A sudden increase in noise levels, such as grinding or rattling sounds
- Unusual leakage of coolant and other fluids from the HVAC system
- Irregular functioning and significant increases in energy costs that cannot be explained by changes in climate control settings.
- A bigger house that’s making your unit too small for your home
- The HVAC has been around 10 years and developing issues more frequently than before.
What if I Continue Using a “to Be Replaced” HVAC?
If you continue to use a system that is irreparable, you can expect several problems in addition to decreased energy efficiency and high utility bills. A malfunctioning HVAC may also lead to health issues for its users, such as allergies or illnesses associated with the buildup of bacteria and other potential irritants within the system.
Using your old damaged HVAC system can cause a fire to break out within your home if the system is not properly maintained or if it has any hidden structural damage. You may notice increased levels of dust or mildew in your system, this may be an indication that there are leaks or cracks in the system that are allowing contaminates to collect.
The Benefits of Accurate Troubleshooting The Needs of Your HVAC
There are many benefits to accurate troubleshooting and repair of your system, such as:
- Having an efficient and properly maintained HVAC system can help to keep your energy costs low. This is particularly important during the warmer months of the year when you rely heavily on a functional air conditioning system to cool down your home.
- You can improve your indoor air quality by having repairs performed. Contaminants can easily get into your air ducts and flow throughout the entire home, leading to poor indoor air quality. With repairs you can help prevent mold growth and other issues that can negatively impact the health of residents in the home.
- If your HVAC has been running inefficiently or not at all, it’s important to consider replacing the entire system.
- You save money you’d use on regular repairs when you replace the entire system. There is less of a chance for recurring problems since you’re installing new systems.
Work With the Best HVAC Repair and Replacement Experts
If you are looking for HVAC repair or replacement services, then the team at Carney & Son 72 Degrees can help. Our expert technicians have years of experience providing quality repairs and replacements to homes throughout your area. We understand how important it is to keep your home comfortable and energy efficient, so we offer a range of services to meet your needs and budget. Give us a call today.