Charleston, SC, is a place where AC repair is necessary. It gets hot during the summer months, and without a working air conditioner, humidity can take over a home. If you don’t want to deal with mold and mildew, consider how important it is to know the signs of needing repairs. Once you have a feel for how to find a professional to assist you with your request, you’ll be able to maintain your unit and avoid costly repair bills in the future.
How to Tell If Your Air Conditioner Isn’t Working Correctly
You don’t claim to be an expert on air conditioners. You can, however, tell when a problem arises with your AC unit. It’s stopped working the way it has in the past, and there’s a noticeable difference in how the room feels. Everyone complains about it being hot and sticky in the house when it formerly was cool and comfortable.
To help you address the issue further, we’ve come up with a list of the most common issues that occur with air conditioning units. That way, if you think that one of the signs is present, you can call a professional right away. Working with a service tech to get to the root of the problem is highly beneficial because it keeps your unit in excellent working order for the length of its lifespan.
Some signs that you need AC repair in Charleston, SC include:
- The AC stops working altogether. You can’t get it to turn on no matter how many times you try to adjust the temperature. You unplug it and plug it in without making progress. It’s frustrating because it seems as though the motor has died. You’ve flipped the breaker to make sure that it isn’t the issue, too. Once you’ve determined that it has nothing to do with the electricity, it’s time to call a professional for AC repair.
- The AC runs but doesn’t cool the room. There’s nothing wrong with the machine turning on. It doesn’t, however, keep the room cool. When you put your hand in front of the unit, you feel nothing but warm air coming out of its vents. You know that it could be an issue with the filter or the freon but aren’t sure which is the problem. An AC repair tech is needed to get to the root of the air conditioning issue.
- The room doesn’t cool evenly. Even though the air conditioner works, it doesn’t cool the air all the way. It could be due to a blocked vent or dirty filter. Again, it’s time to call a company specializing in AC repair so you can get the issue taken care of right away. It’s one less thing to worry about when having the unit looked at by a professional. They’ll have the machine up and running once again in no time.
- Water drips from the AC. You can see a puddle of H2O on the floor. Many problems could be causing the issue. It’s best to work with an HVAC company to see why there is a problem in the first place. Unplugging the unit, so no one gets electrocuted is something we highly recommend. Then, call the AC repair tech right away to get the issue addressed before the air conditioner quits suddenly.
- The AC makes strange noises. You can hear a problem going on with the air conditioner. It makes odd noises that you’ve never heard before. You can request assistance with AC repair right away because it can be indicative of a bigger problem taking place within the unit. Having the machine repaired and serviced regularly keeps you from needing to buy a new unit prematurely. It costs you money upfront but will save you a mint long in the future.
AC repair is something that you cannot put off for long. It’s something that you need to take care of right away. Without it, your home can become very uncomfortable quickly. Once you’ve hired a service technician to do a repair for you, you’ll have the name and phone number of a company to work with long into the future. That means that there will be no more panicking when your AC unit quits working in the middle of the night.
How to Know That You’ve Hired the Best AC Company to Work with Today
The best companies in the area are the ones that put your needs first. They go above and beyond to ensure that you’re satisfied with the repairs they’ve done to your AC unit. They’re straightforward with the process in which they work, too. For example, they let you know if it’s better to replace the air conditioner or repair it.
When you work with an AC repair company that cares, you feel the warmth of the technician assisting you. They are polite and professional in every way. They treat you, your family, your pets, and your house with a great level of care and respect throughout their visit to your property.
A satisfied customer means the world to the best companies in the area because the technicians know that they can make a new customer a long-term customer of theirs quickly. The better the service they give a person, the more likely they are to recommend the company to the people they know. That means more business for the HVAC techs, which is something they greatly appreciate.
Who to Call When You Need Assistance with Your AC Unit
Carney & Son 72 Degrees Air Conditioning & Heating can assist you with your request by providing you with the support needed to fix your air conditioner today. Our company is family-owned and operated, which means that we value strong relationships. Let us get to know you and your needs today. Call us with your request for service at 843-932-3155 day or night.
We take emergency calls because we want you to feel safe and secure in your home at all times. As the temperatures rise and the need for air conditioning becomes more prevalent, we want you to know that you shouldn’t swelter in the heat because it’s outside our regular business hours.
Photo By fizkes at Shutterstock