Charleston, SC represents one of the largest cities in the state of SC, with the city seated in the Metropolitan Statistical area. Founded in 1670, Charleston is one of the oldest cities in SC.
Families move to Charleston due to its mild weather, proximity to beaches, as well as its unique historical background. Charleston residents have access to three beaches within a 20-minute drive from the downtown area. If you're looking for beaches that aren't as congested, then you also have easy access to the beaches in Sullivan's Island and the Isle of Palms.
Why Are People Choosing To Live in Charleston?
Realtor.com has recently predicted that Charleston would be one of the top leading real estate markets for buyers who want affordable housing. The forecast for a strong real estate market in Charleston turned out to be accurate, as the local real estate market continues to break records.
In several years, it is projected that Charleston, SC will represent one of the top 10 housing markets in the United States, with the Charleston Regional Business Journal explaining that the Charleston real estate market is empowered due to its consistent economy, low unemployment rate, and flourishing cash flow markets. It's no surprise that many families want to move to Charleston.
However, the reality is that many homes are going to be several decades old. While AC systems are designed to last, some homes may need Heating and AC Services. Regular servicing maximizes the life of your AC and heating system, it is also the best way to obtain optimal and efficient performance from your cooling equipment. When properly taken care of, your AC system will work more efficiently, allowing you to save more money on electric bills and ensure a comfortable indoor environment year-round.
Importance of Heating and AC Service
- Heating and AC Services Help Your Family Save money. Preventative maintenance will prevent costly breakdowns, reduce your energy bills, extend the life of your equipment and system, and will ensure that you stay protected under warranty.
- Heating and AC Services Improve air quality. The EPA reports that the indoor levels of airborne pathogens can be almost 5 times higher than outdoor levels. This is particularly significant since we spend so much time in our homes. Indoor allergens can be concentrated indoors due to air circulating within a confined space. These allergens range from ordinary household dust that may heighten respiratory issues, to cigarette smoke, mold, and pollen. If you suspect accumulation of mold, then it is best to contact an HVAC technician so that air ducts can be professionally cleaned.
- Heating and AC Services Improve comfort. Regular maintenance helps your system produce and distribute cool and warm air throughout the home without any obstructions. Proper maintenance reduces the odds that you'll come home from work during a hot summer day and find that the cool setting of your HVAC system is not responding anymore.
- Heating and AC Service Will Keep Your Home Safer. You've heard the horror stories — the home that has unfortunately burned down due to the accumulation of dust in the vents from years of neglect. Or the family who came home after winter break to find a frozen severely damaged home due to a malfunctioning condenser. Preventative HVAC maintenance will safeguard your family against the risk of carbon monoxide, the odorless gas that can potentially be deadly. One of the main reasons why carbon monoxide may spread within a home is due to a failed heat exchanger. Regular HVAC maintenance typically includes a carbon monoxide test that will detect any potential hazards.
Heating and AC Service Maintenance Schedule for Charleston Residences
- Yearly maintenance. Ensure that you remove any shrubbery, and trim back trees and plants, to ensure that they are at least 3 feet away from any outside equipment. Debris can get trapped in the equipment and affect its efficiency. Keep furniture, garden supplies, and any other home equipment several feet away from AC units. Visually inspect the outside condenser units for any cracks, discoloration, or dirty coils and evaporators. Pay attention to any strange sounds that may emit from outside AC units.
- Quarterly maintenance. This is the time to schedule an inspection with your HVAC contractor. You may need to have your air filters changed, have the thermostat recalibrated, as well as have electrical components inspected. Broken connections compromise a system's efficiency and safety.
HVAC Services for the summer and winter months? In the fall, hire a contractor for your heating system's annual maintenance. During the inspection, our technicians will check the electrical connections, condensate drain, and voltage. Carbon monoxide detectors will also be inspected if you use natural gas or oil for your heating system.
For the summer months, our HVAC technician will inspect the AC for properly working fins, refrigerant levels, and blower system components. The refrigerant lines — the lifeline of your AC system — will also be inspected. Typically your AC system will have two copper lines that go into the AC condenser and a larger line with insulation covering it. During the hot summer months, this line will feel cold to the touch or have condensation on it due to proper refrigerant levels. If the line does not have condensation, then an HVAC technician will need to be called to replace and replenish refrigerant levels.
About Carney & Son 72 Degrees
Carney & Son 72 Degrees has been the go-to AC and Heating and AC Service company for the past 30 years. Catering to the Charleston, SC area, Carney & Son 72 Degrees has helped new residents as well as current homeowners to inspect, maintain, and update their HVAC systems. Our relationship with our clients is galvanized by word-of-mouth reviews, with our clients quick to sing our praise and our ability to accommodate. To learn more about our Heating and AC Services, contact us.
Photo By Ridofranz at istock